*We are only accepting applications from candidates who have prior Executive Assistant experience. Please apply directly on our website here.*
The Executive Assistant to the International Ministry Director (IMD) is responsible for assisting the International Ministry Director in the performance of his mission and duties. He/she must be able to maintain complete confidentiality, provide administrative and organizational support and serve as a communication liaison to various staff, partners, and outside organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of the Executive Assistant to the IMD include, but are not limited to the following:
- INTERNATIONAL MINISTRY DIRECTOR: To help the IMD maximize his time and effectiveness. The Executive Assistant helps the IMD be 100% present, positive and productive in every encounter by preparing, executing, and following up on decisions and processes connected to duties across the organization.
- COORDINATION: Take early initiative to populate and confirm calendar and complete lead-up tasks. Organize the different elements of the complex work involved in the office of the IMD to enable cohesion and effective results for the organization. This includes the creating, storing, and sharing of critical documents and reports. Working closely with National Leadership Team of every country where TTI is working. Work with Asian and African NLT coordinators to organize the NLT zoom or in person meetings.
- COMMUNICATION: Complete and communicate objectives, agendas, and action steps before and after every meeting the IMD will participate in to proactively ensure all relevant people have details to be present and productive in every meeting. Manage the IMD’s emails and voicemail messages. Help clear inbox of clutter while raising emails of highest importance to the IMD’s attention for quick replies.
- STRATEGIC PREPARATION: (for key initiatives and meetings) Set up the IMD to walk into the meeting and make the most important decisions without being preoccupied by prep details. Ensure there is intentional preparation, follow-up; follow through for all IMD meetings, conferences, gatherings, presentations, international meetings, etc. Ensure meeting objectives and desired outcomes clearly identified and understood. Capture any action item required from the IMD and ensure follow through happens in a timely manner.
- EXECUTION: Follow-up & follow through on strategic decisions from meetings. Be methodical in accomplishing big goals by setting early deadlines and following up to ensure progress.
- LOGISTICS: Book, flights, hotel, car rental far in advance, prepare travel packets with travel, meeting and accommodations details for each trip. Manage reimbursements for all IMD’s ministry meetings.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field preferred.
- Five year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers required and advanced knowledge of web-based systems preferred.
- International experience preferred.
- Ministry experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for The Timothy Initiative’s Mission.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment; Strong organizational skills a must.
- Develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner. Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in TTI’s Vision, Values & Mission in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Administrative writing, reporting & tracking skills.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish will be an added bonus.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and Word processing.
- Ability to adapt to company wage and compensation structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Possesses a helpful, diplomatic, and caring attitude to all.
- Must be hospitable and have good people skills to represent TTI.
- Each team member at TTI is expected to maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a top priority; be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of TTI; and faithfully uphold TTI’s ministry in prayer.
- For clarity we ask every team member at TTI to sign the acknowledgment page and live a life congruent with the spiritual principles outlined in TTI’s “Statement of Faith”, “Christian Living Statement” and policies and procedures as stated in TTI’s employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the Team Member:
- Is required to work in our main office in Raleigh, NC
- Is occasionally required to work nights and weekends as needed and may be occasionally required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Will need to use hands or fingers and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
About The Timothy Initiative:
The Timothy Initiative is a training organization; planting churches all across the world. Our team is passionate about seeing Christ’s Kingdom expanded and is currently active in over 30 different countries. The Timothy Initiative exists to advance Christ’s Kingdom by multiplying disciples and disciple making churches around the world. The Timothy Initiative’s vision is to see multiplying, disciple making churches in every place and people group. If you’re passionate about using your talents and skillset to fulfill the Great Commission, consider joining our team!